We aim to cater for the needs of all visitors to our Self Catering accommodation. The following statement is a summary of our provision. If you have any specific requirements please feel free to call and we will endeavour to help.
Local transport is limited but there is a bus service from Hexham to Newbrough Village. (BUS 804)
The nearest Train Station is Haydon Bridge, which is 3 miles to the West of Newbrough .
Train/Bus Timetables & Taxis numbers provided on request.
Our web site, www.carredge.co.uk, has a how to find us, printable page.
Arrival and car parking
On leaving the main road you have a 1¼ mile drive up a narrow road before turning into our ¼ mile driveway in from the public road with 1 cattle grid [there are gateways for pedestrians and livestock].
Our private road in is paved with tarmac, the entrance and Car Park Area is concreted.
There are marked parking bays, there is also a wheelchair access parking bay.
The entrance to The Stable from the Car Park has a very slight gradient, There is a hand rail on the surrounding wall to help accessibility to the main entrance door there is level access into the entrance.
The Stable – Open Plan Kitchen/Living area
- There is level access from the entrance into the open plan kitchen /dining/living area.
- There are thermostatic radiators throughout for heating.
- The dining table has an under table height of 59 cm. There is a Carver chair available to help for transfer from Wheel chair if required.
- There is level access into the bedroom which is carpeted but the wet room has tiled flooring.
- It is equipped with all the necessary Grab rails as required for Mobility 2 access. The mirror has been extended down to the Washbasin and the Pull cord for the overhead mirror light has also been extended.
- There is flat access out to the Garden Area and the Car Park directly from the South Door.
The Granary is accessed by the old traditional stone steps, it has hand railings up the right hand side to help you to the entrance.
- All bedrooms are carpeted the bathrooms have tiled flooring.
- The king sized beds are at 64cm height. The single beds at 60cm
- The en-suite bathrooms have bath with showers above
- The toilets and wash hand basins are standard height.
Grounds and Garden
- Some of the livestock is pushchair or wheelchair accessible for viewing only.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Wi Fi available throughout the annex
- There is some mobile telephone reception.
- We request that guest don’t smoke indoors
- There should not be noise from passing traffic.