Explore the most spectacular sections of Hadrian’s Wall
Visit the historic sites of Northumberland
Many outdoor activities
Ideally situated for day trips to Newcastle, County Durham, The Lake District and the Scottish Borders
Hadrian’s Wall Country
Other Places to Visit
- Nearby Towns – Hexham, Haltwhistle, Corbridge, Haydon Bridge and Alston.
- Historic Castles – Choose from the many in the region.
- Beautiful Coastline – Large unspoilt stretches of stunning sandy beaches including Holy Island and the Farne Islands nature reseve.
- Kielder Water – Fishing and boating on Europe’s largest man made lake..
- Northumberland National Park – Covering an area from Hadrian’s Wall to the Cheviot Hills.
- Day Trips – To Newcastle, the Gateshead Metro Centre and the Lake District
- Fishing – There are a wealth of beautiful rivers and lakes available.
- Walking – For the fit and not so, along the wall, over the hills and on the beaches.
- Golf – The region offers a variety of country and coastal courses for all abilities, including the internationally acclaimed Slaley Hall.
- Cycling – Enjoy the local cycle tours.
- Riding – Trek the surrounding countryside.
- Bird Watching – Upland, lowland and coastal species.
Enjoy more photographs of Northumberland by Graeme Pecock